Econophysics and disordered systems.

Discussion in 'General Artificial Intelligence Discussions' started by gegi, Feb 12, 2008.

gilt-tape
  1. gegi

gegi New Member

The Trend in-Advance Indicator (TAI) is a non-commercial software based on hierarchical lattices and neural networks. In these mathematical models each node of network represent a certain stock from a certain market.
    Information flow among nodes is not bidirectional, that is to say, the network is a hierarchical lattice. Node state algorithm is spin-glass-based (spin-glasses are paradigm of disordered systems from Econophysics) so that this model constitutes itself a virtual neural network. The final computing results are a numerical indicator (TAI) as chart format presented for each stock market.
    TAI is not explicit, but there are rules for interpreting it, so that, whereas for a certain investor a TAI chart is not significant, for other one that same chart implies accumulation or distribution, if it is in close agreement with another financial information that this invertor have got.
    Charts are updated every Monday and they are referred to international stock markets and Dow Jones 30 stocks, so far.
    If you are interested, check out the following link to University of Zaragoza

http://www.didyf.unizar.es/info/jlsubias/EcoWork.eng.htm

2. zouze

zouze New Member

how is the performance of this new technology? will it also work on FX trading?

3. gegi

gegi New Member

Sorry, I don't know FX trading. I think the performance related to FX trading would be similar to related to international indexes (Dow, NASDAQ, FTSE100, Xetra,...).
    By now I don't know anyone researching on this item.
    How many people you think would be interested in applying new technologies on FX trading?
    very many?
    gegi.

4. Jeffery Cloyd

Jeffery Cloyd New Member

In terms of the market, why does the system make the assumption the the information flow is not bi-directional? My guess would be that in real life info flow would sometime be bi-directional, sometimes not.