Learning AI

Discussion in 'General Artificial Intelligence Discussions' started by george175, Jul 20, 2011.

gilt-tape
  1. george175

george175 Guest

Hi,

I am trying to develop a game that is similar to backgammon, but I have no experience in neural network or AI algorithms.

I tried to read and learn Neural networks, but all the books I found (or web sites) contain general theoretical information, or maybe a small tic-tac-toe game using neural network.

I am looking for a 'learn by example' type of books, where I can see how neural network is used to implement a backgammon algorithm.
    I am having hard time 'seeing' how the i/o , weights, conversion function and all these formulas lead to a backgammon algorithm.

how do we adjust the weight? how do we determine the correct output ? what do we base our decision on, to adjust the weight ?

does anyone know of any place, tutorial , book, code samples that can help me understand this part, without getting bored to death by the typical theoretical information?

Thank you
    George

2. 133t

133t Guest

There are PLENTY of examples on codeproject's site and Heaton Research offers an excellent introductory to intermediate level book (free) on neural networks using C# or Java with accompanying video tutorial on each chapter.